Sunday, December 7, 2008

So we get back from the Polar Express and are getting the kids out of the car. I take Brecklyn and Jaygen inside and left Chandlyr for Brooke. Brooke goes through the front door and into the garage to open it because we have no remote. The car is on with the doors closed, locked, and Chandlyr inside asleep, somehow I must have locked it after with the car seat in one hand and Brecklyn in the other, figure that one out. Anyway, I had to shake the car to wake Chandlyr up who is always ornery when she wakes up unless I take Jaygen and let him wake her up. So she is crying and Brooke and I are trying to get her to unlock the door but she cant reach it cause she is strapped into her car seat. After about 30 minutes of pleading with her she just wants to go back to sleep, so we told her that we were going inside in hopes that she would be scared enough to get her arms out of the straps and unlock the door. We went inside and came right back out and she is laying her head on the side of the car seat trying to go back to sleep, she didn't even care we left just wanted to sleep. While walking inside and out Brooke is saying a silent prayer that Chandlyr will find a way to get the door unlocked. Just as we are about to call the locksmith we ask her one more time to try and reach the lock, she stops crying looks at us blankly for 3 or 4 seconds puts her hand to the door and rolls down the window. It startled both Brooke and I because neither one of us had thought to do that, Brooke quickly unbuckled her an kissed and hugged her because it was hard to see her inside the car and not be able to get to her. We are grateful for all of our blessings.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Scary! At least she was warm right?
I've heard that the police will come unlock your child for free if you have a child in it! I'm glad she is okay!

The Martin's said...

Oh poor baby! I locked Jaxson in the car at the grocery store when he was a baby. Fortunately my mom was home and could bring me a spare key quickly.