Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Labor Day weekend

Labor day weekend we went camping at Jordanelle with my family. There was some fun times and some not so fun times. First thing we did was set up our tent. I wish we had a picture, it looked so funny sitting on a tent spot that was made for a 10x12 tent. Ours is a 15x12. The spot had wood borders all the way around so our tent had to hang off of the edges.
Saturday we went to Swiss days to look at all of the fun things. I was looking for some picture frames to go along both sides of my entertainment center. We saw a few that looked really cute. Phillip told me he could make them for me, so now we will see how long it takes before I see them on my walls. It will probably be a while, Phillip is super busy with work and school. We got back around 2:00 and decided to a hang out at the beach. It was really windy, so we couldn't do to much stuff behind the boat. So thanks to my uncle Jeff for bringing his two wave runners and water tramp. The kids had so much fun on that.



I tried jumping, but I could not keep my balance. I think the older you get the less coordination you have. Oh wait, I have never had good coordination.


Posted by Picasa



The jet ski's were a lot of Fun. Not fun getting on, Kali and I tipped it over. I think kali was def after that ride. I was not driving so I had no control of what she was doing. She is a crazy driver. I think she has recked every car she drives. At least 6.
Phillip said that Chandlyr laughed and laughed the whole ride.
Chandlyr told me she had to go potty, so I told her to go squat in the lake. She said "OK mommy." ( She says "OK mommy" in the cutes little voice after everything I tell her to do) The next thing I know she has her swimming suit off and is waiting for someone to help her walk down the beach. So cute I had to take a picture.
Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Isn't he so cute!!!


We had so much fun until the last night. It was still fun, just a little crazy. We started having really bad weather. It rained and rained. We were cooking steak, dutch oven potatoes and two dutch oven desserts. We wouldn't have had such a crazy night but everyones trailer's were spaced out in the campground. We had to cram everyone in my parents trailer. It's a nice size trailer, it's a little older so there is no slide outs. We had 21 people and of those 21 people there was 9 kids, 9 crazy kids!!! Phillip, my dad and my brother-in-law cooked the steaks and potatoes out in the very windy and rainy weather. When dinner was done the real challenge began, where were we all going to eat. We had 6 sitting on the bed, 6 on the table, 6 on the back couch, and 3 standing. Everyone was still having a good time. Half way through dinner Jaygen had had it, so that made me get really flustered. Then from here on out it was bad, really bad. We went back to our tent to find that almost all of the sleeping stuff had big wet spots. I was ready to go home, I was done. I was crying, Brecklyn was crying because I was crying. Luckily Jaygen's stuff was dry. The girls and I were on one air mattress and Phillip on the other, half of his was wet. During the night I could fill drips all over me. Phillip and I woke up off and on during the night to feel if the girls were dry. About half way through the night, Chandlyr's pillow and all around one side of her was wet. She could have cared less, she slept through the whole thing, but I decided to move her anyways. Finally the rain stopped and we could get some sleep!!! The morning was still a little crummy, but now we could handle anything. Overall the camp out was great. Great family times. And now we have the fun memories that we can look back on and laugh.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Brooke its been too long since I looked at your blog. I love your raining story- ours was almost the same except we were in Hardscrabble and came home after dinner! Fun though!

The Martin's said...

Ha ha! My mom told me about your rainy weekend.

P.S. can I just tell you how happy and SHOCKED I am that you have finally updated your blog!!! YAY!